1 Corinthians 15:1–4 (ESV)
1Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,
2and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
Do you know Jesus or do you just know about Him?
There is a very big difference. Examine yourselves to see if you are just going through the motions or are you seeking to know the one who can save your soul.
How to become a Christian
God loves you and wants to give you eternal life. God wants your life to be meaningful and full of joy that can only come from knowing His love for you. God has provided a simple, clear way to have eternal life. In order to receive eternal life we have to know what God wants us to know and understand.
- We are all sinners.
The Bible says we have all sinned and fall short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23). We sin by being disobedient to God in our words, deeds and thoughts.
- Sin brings separation from God.
The Bible says the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23). The penalty we earn for sinning is death, spiritual death or separation from God. No sin will enter God’s kingdom.
- Jesus paid the price for our sins.
Before we can enter God’s kingdom we must be clean from Sin. God sent His Son to pay the penalty as a substitution for you and I. God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
- How can I be saved?
- Admit you are a sinner and are unable to save yourself from the consequences of sin, which is an eternal separation from God, Hell.
- Believe that Jesus died in your place for sin and ask Him to come into your life right now.
- Confess Jesus as your Lord and Savior before men, “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
- Seek out a body of believers.
We need to be around other believers and learn what God wants for our lives and how to live for Him. Hebrews 10:25